Ecowonder (“we”, “us” and “our”) is the ecommerce business department of the TouchApp Ltd. in the United Kingdom (“UK”).
Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (“GDPR”) and the UK Data Protection Act 2018 (“together referred to as Data Protection Legislation”) regulates the processing of personal data and protects the rights of the data subject.
Data Protection Legislation imposes restrictions on how we may use personal data.
The Policy applies to all data subjects in relation to whom Ecowonder hold or have received personal data about to carry out Ecowonder functions.
3.Data Protection Principles
3.1 We have a duty to ensure that all personal data however collected is processed in accordance with the data protection principles detailed in the Data Protection Legislation.
3.2 Personal data must be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject (‘lawfulness, fairness and transparency’); collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes (‘purpose limitation’);
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed (‘data minimisation’);
- accurate and, where necessary, be kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purpose for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay (‘accuracy’);
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed (‘storage limitation’);
- and processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction, or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures (‘integrity and confidentiality’).
4. Social Media Usage Principles
4.1 We are committed to protecting and respecting our customers’ privacy. By using our social media channels you agree to our Social Media Policy, which is published on our websites and social media channels.
4.2 We have a duty of care towards our staff and this includes their interactions with customers on our social media channels.
4.3 The social media channels of Ecowonder are intended as a source of information for the general public, and as a place for the public to ask questions about our business. We strive to offer useful information about our products and services, and to provide interesting and useful content for all the audience.
4.4 In order to keep this environment open and friendly, we have established the following guidelines:
- All customer users of the Company’s You Tube channels, LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter pages agree to comply with the channels’ Terms of Service, which they sign up to upon registration on that channel. Additionally, the opinions and content posted to our page by other users do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Ecowonder or their parent company, TouchApp Limited.
- Any commentary posted should be relevant and respectful to Ecowonder and its community. We reserve the right to remove any content that we deem unacceptable, and to block and report any customer who repeatedly violates these terms.
4.5 Unacceptable activity includes, but is not limited to:
- Making comments which SLC deem abusive, offensive, obscene, vulgar or violent.
- Abusing, threatening, stalking, harassing or in any way attacking other users on the platforms.
- Posting any content that is offensive or derogatory toward others in regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, nationality or political beliefs.
- Using any language or content that is disruptive, repetitive, misleading, deceptive, unlawful or fraudulent.
- Commercial solicitation.
- Uploading or attaching files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation or compromise the security of computers and networks.
- Violations of intellectual property rights.
4.6 We encourage all customers to take an active role in protecting their personal privacy. Publicly posting information about their student finance or online account (for example, Customer Reference Numbers) can increase the risk of online predators and phishing scams. Ecowonder will never ask for information about personal details in an email, text or unsolicited social media message.
4.7 Ecowonder reserve the right to modify or change these conditions at any time.
5. Compliance with this Policy
We will remove, block, report or ban any user or customer who:
- encourages others to post unacceptable content
- uses offensive images as their profile picture
- has an offensive user name
6. Contact Details
For further guidance on this Policy please contact us:
Reddicap Trading Estate,
The Royal Town of Sutton Coldfield,